The definitive guide to exceptions and failure handling in Ruby.
Avdi Grimm shines the spotlight on error and exception handling and brings your exception handling techniques up to speed. - Peter Cooper
I endorse and approve of this electronic internet eBook. - Aaron Patterson
Totally worth it. - Steve Klabnik
- A detailed look at the lifecycle of a Ruby exception.
- Overriding Kernel#raise for fun and profit.
- Alternatives to exceptions, for when "fail fast" isn't the right answer.
- Advanced exception matching in rescue clauses.
- Avoiding failure cascades with the Barricade and Circuit Breaker patterns.
- 5 questions to ask before raising an exception.
- Exception safety testing for critical methods.
- The three exception classes every app or library needs.
- And much, much more... over 100 pages of in-depth information on Ruby exception handling.
PDF, EPUB, Kindle, and HTML formats included
- PDF, EPUB, Kindle, and HTML formats included